Friday, October 4, 2013

Hawaii!!!

              

October 2, 2013

Thanks again to all of you who followed me on my PCT journey. As some of you may know, my journeys are not over. I will be hiking my way around, here and there.
The journey that is beginning now is Hawaii, the big island. My mom has agreed to keep the blog alive, so those of you that are interested can check in and follow where I am at. I did get a little burnt out on doing a journal entry every day because I feel like it got a little repetitive, so I decided to do one whenever I feel like from here on out. For you all, that translates to journal entries every day to maybe just one big one at the end of the week. I'll be doing this all the way to the projected end of my travels, which is next October or so.
I had a great two week relax period that consisted of me sleeping about 20 hours a day at our cabin for a bit, then hanging out with friends and family, and more sleeping and eating at home. I am now recovered and ready for some more relaxing!!! I mean come on, I'm in Hawaii!!!
My plan for Hawaii is to hike around the entire island and to the top of both big volcanoes. Also, I'll be doing some beach bumming/surfing/whatever I feel like doing. I don't have much of a set plan yet. I just plan on being open and having a good time. As for Hawaii, the trip started off with me in LAX realizing my flight was into Kona, not Hilo where I thought I was going. Oh well, at least I'm on the right island. It didn't really bother me because when I got off the plane it was about an hour walk across a lava field at the end of the airport to a nice beach. I didn't have anything reserved in Hilo, too. There were a few tents at the beach, so I had a chat and they said no permit needed. So, I'll be saving some money on accommodations this trip and set up tent on the beach most nights.
Also, in talking with people who did follow the blog while I was home, I realized some people think a new posting is going to happen every day. I write these with my Ipod, so for example, I wrote this one on Oct 2nd, but it won't get sent till I get Internet, which could be a while. Like when I was at the end of the PCT in WA, I didn't have Internet for a while, so there were 15 entries in my outbox. It has nothing to do with my mom. She is doing a great job. If you enjoy this blog and know her, then please thank her. This would not be possible without her, so thank you Mom. And, she does edit before she posts, so you don't get sentences like, sp far in lovin Hawaii! So far I'm lovin Hawaii!!!

Sent from Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. Thanks PacMom, for keeping us up to date on where this ramblin' man is going.
    Hawaii?? I'm jealous, nice place to relax n recover from the PCT. Aloha.

    ReplyDelete