Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chillin in Hawaii


October 20-21, 2013

Got up bright and early and set off for the Kohala mountains. It was all farmland and I headed up the hill in about an hour. At the very top it turned to dense rainforest. There was a decent trail going through the rainforest, so I took it and started going down. After and hour or so, it turned to a good amount of getting whacked by branches and bushes, aka bushwhacking, so I headed back to the beach. I rented a boogie board and hit the small waves, then took off in the car looking for a spot that I saw some guys surfing the other day. The waves lasted forever for them but I couldn't find the spot. Oh well. From there I enjoyed some Kona beer on the beach at my spot and had a good sleep. Next day I returned the car and walked down the beach to a spot I stayed at night 2. It was about a 5-10 mile beach walk but I had dropped off all my stuff at that spot this morning, so I wasn't carrying anything. Stopped for some good fish tacos halfway through too. I must have drunk a gallon of water because the waitress just gave me the jug and said, "You seem very thirsty." Good thing I had fish tacos because I didn't catch anything in my couple hours of fishing, well, anything worth keeping. The little yellow ones aren't really worth it. If I had a deep fryer they would be great though. Gonna have a chill day at this spot all day tomorrow and do a lot of fishing, hopefully, successfully. Also I have 5 local Kona beers that need to be had and a great pond that's gonna keep em chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment