Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Aloha!!! (Good Bye)

     Photo by Greg in Oahu 2013

Oct. 22-23, 2013
For my last two days on the Big Island, I took it easy and did quite a bit of fishing on my way up the coast. For my last night, I returned to my favorite spot near the Kona airport which was just a quality free spot on the beach. And I'd say overall, Hawaii was just as great as I expected.

The whole National Park closure was kinda a bummer and I do say it kinda pissed me off, in terms of not agreeing with our government and the kind of stuff they do. But, what are ya gonna do. (I just snuck in when I could, and if ya want to argue with me why I did that, I would be glad to discuss, but too much writing for now.)

Also for my last note, I did pick up on some hostility between the natives and locals, and...kinda hard to explain what the hostility was towards, but for the most part, the hostility was at the government as a whole. The sad part about the hostility was that I heard of it sometimes being directed towards other things. It seemed to me like a confusing 'What are we mad at?' type deal, the whole 99% deal.

So, yes, paradise still has the problems that the rest of us have.

And as a finisher for Hawaii, I'd say go visit and have a great time because it is a beautiful island. If you ever visit the Big Island, please put some time away for hiking into the Kohala mountains. That was my favorite for this trip, but my favorite, well you know the story. My list of bests/favorites is a long one now. 

Aloha
Doug  

No comments:

Post a Comment